Build a meaningful career
A leading registered charity and social enterprise, Furniture Bank changes lives by providing furniture and housewares to people experiencing poverty or displacement.
Why you should come work with us
We think we’re a pretty fun group of changemakers driven to make this world a better place.
Fast-paced and growing, we live by our core values: empathy, resilience, and integrity. We are change agents. We are collaborative. And we value green, because, you know… we only have this one planet and stuff.
Our home is in Etobicoke, a bustling and diverse community with access to TTC, free parking, highways, the lake, retail and local craft brewers.
- A spirited and passionate collective driven to fulfill our mission to provide comfort, dignity, and stability to our clients in need, while working towards creating a greener planet
- An inclusive and diverse team representing many abilities and backgrounds
- A learning environment where our professional and personal goals are heard
- A fun, fast-paced culture where change is predictable – but so are the laughs
- An awesome, cool bunch of folks working to make a difference in this world
- A competitive salary based on work experience
- Cloud platforms, making it easier to be flexible and maintain balance
- An extended health benefit plan and both vacation and sick time
- Training and investment in personal and professional development
- The opportunity to be a part of a growing charity and social enterprise
Who are we looking for?
First and foremost, we are looking for ambassadors in the community. We are looking for positive, ambitious professionals who share our values and stand behind Furniture Bank’s mission to change lives by providing gently-used furniture and housewares to people emerging from homelessness and displacement.
EMPATHY – The ability to understand and share the feelings of another.
INTEGRITY – The quality of being honest and acting according to Furniture Bank values and behaviours; the state of being whole and undivided.
COLLABORATION – The act of working with others to produce or create something great.
RESILIENCE – The capacity to recover quickly from setbacks and difficulties.
CHANGE AGENT – A person who acts as a catalyst for change, who stimulates, facilitates or coordinates mission-driven change.
GREEN – Because we only have one planet.
Want to join the family?
Email your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to tell us why you feel you are a good fit for the job and the organization, and how your skills, knowledge, and experience have prepared you to be successful in this role.
Please add the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.
We thank all individuals who apply for this position. We will only contact candidates who are selected for an interview.
Furniture Bank is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage and welcome applications from qualified and interested candidates from designated groups. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees, volunteers, clients, donors, and vendors feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve.
If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs. Let us know if there are any accommodations that would make the job application process more accessible to you.